Anti Corrosion Vapour Corrosion Inhibitor
Provides up to 36 months of continuous protection
VCI Thor Powders are Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) powders for corrosion protection of metals in recessed areas, interior cavities and voids. It provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. VCI Thor vapourizes and then adsorbs on all metal surfaces, reaching every part of the metal surface including recessed areas and interior cavities. 600 grams per cubic meter of VCI Thor provides up to 36 months of continuous protection as well as a mono-molecular inhibiting layer.
- Vapour-phase inhibiting action protects inaccessible and recessed surfaces.
- Protected products can be shipped to customers without removing powder.
- No regeneration required; effective for up to 36 months.
- If VCI Thor layer is disturbed by moisture or opening the enclosed space, the layer is replenished by continuous vapour protection.
- Little or no surface preparation required.
- Prevents further corrosion of pre-coated and painted surfaces.
- Easy to apply.
- VCI Thor layer does not need to be removed prior to use or processing.
- Very easily removed by air gun or water when applied as a powder.
VCI Thor powders are used for:
- Dry protection of internal cavities and voids that can be covered or closed after application
- Tubular structures, pipes and vessels
- Internal surfaces of compressors, turbines, engines, tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers
- Dry lay-up of closed circuit cooling systems
- Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
- Parts, components and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
Directions for Use
- Directions for Use
- After application, cover, close or seal the interior cavity or void.
- Fogging is easily achieved with a low pressure air hose and sandblast cup. Large, conventional sandblasting systems can also be used.
- For powder application with average environmental conditions, use 15 grams of VCI Thor Powder per one cubic foot (28 litres) of enclosed space (300grams/cubic meter).
- The dosage can be increased for more severe conditions or outdoors.